Saturday 26 October 2013

A Little Backpack

Ember is getting to the age where around eleventy billion toys must come with us, no matter where we go! So instead of them bouncing around in the car, getting lost, I decided to make a backpack for her to carry them in.


I designed it up myself, and I am super happy with the results. It needs a few tweaks, mainly as I forgot to allow for the zips! Ooops. It contains over 40 pieces [including interfacing and straps] and took about 6 hours for me to complete...with a fair bit of unpicking!



It's fully lined inside. I didn't add any pockets but it wouldn't be too hard to add them if I wanted.


The straps are padded and can be adjusted.


 The underneath contains a third zip compartment and also a D ring. These are here for MY benefit! Ember has become a bit of a bolter and she is super fast! The idea is that I can attach a 'leash' to the D ring whilst she is wearing it and keep her from running onto the road or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment