Saturday 9 November 2013

Patchwork Clothes

I love the look of patchwork clothes, they just have this certain feel to them. They make me happy!

On Wednesday I went to a local quilting shop Cotton Stitches for some inspiration, and collected up a couple of charm packs. I don't tend to use charm packs to make quilts, but turn them into clothing. Today I created this gorgeous little patchwork dress with a charm pack of 'Honeysweet by Moda' fabrics.


I've been doing a number of little patchwork skirts lately using charm squares as well. 



Fabric ranges [L-R Top to bottom] are 'Mind Your Ps and Qs', 'Flirt', 'Flirt' [again] and 'Oh Deer'



The bodice is lined in cream to hide the seams of the squares.


The little monkey loved wearing this dress! Why oh why does she always love the ones I make to sell, but isn't so keen on the ones I specifically make her?? Funny girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment